Current party leadership have no plans to register non-voters to vote. We will not continue to compromise our values – winning over Republicans will not save my future. We must mobilize the non-voter. We must mobilize the youth. We must run campaigns on platforms that inspire and substantially impact Utahns’ everyday life. Let us show everyday Utahns that the Democrats fight for the working class, no longer beholden to the corrupt corporate conglomerates of the past. Utah’s future is purple, that is, if we utilize the non voter and inspire the youth. As Chair, my job is to make that happen quickly.
Being the underdog is never easy, especially when your opponent has billions of dollars. Rising to the occasion, I pushed through Starbucks’ despicable union busting. Today, I have no doubt I will take on the hateful Republican Agenda within our state. Let’s do this by focusing on a few things:
- Voter outreach, we need to mobilize our democratic voter base,
- Registering voters, inspiring the politically apathetic is more important than compromising our values for Republicans
- Youth outreach, 24-25 year olds are currently among the fast-growing voting blocks in the country. Winning the youth over will ensure successful elections
- Strengthening Party infrastructure by filling empty chair and delegate seats
- Repairing and healing the state party; it’s time to move forward and come together